Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] ERROR Spooling/Backups with large amounts of data from windows server 2012

2013-11-21 11:05:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] ERROR Spooling/Backups with large amounts of data from windows server 2012
From: Hans Thueminger <bacula AT ipf.tuwien.ac DOT at>
To: thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:02:33 +0100
Thomas Lohman wrote, On 21.11.2013 16:13:
>> - heartbeat: enabling on the SD (60 seconds) and
>> net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time also set to 60
>
> In glancing at your error (Connection reset by peer) and your config
> files, I didn't see the Heartbeat Interval setting in all the places
> that it may need to be.  Make sure it is in all the following locations:

Ok, I try it:

> Director definition for the server Director daemon.
in bacula-dir.conf I added the last line:
Director {
   Name = sd1-dir
   DIRport = 9101
   QueryFile = "/usr/libexec/bacula/query.sql"
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/spool/bacula"
   PidDirectory = "/var/run"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
   Password = "secret"
   Messages = Daemon
*  Heartbeat Interval = 60*
}

in the job-definition I added the last line:
Client {
   Name = fs2-fd
   Address = 192.168.72.84
   FDPort = 9102
   Catalog = MyCatalog
   Password = "secret"
   File Retention = 30 days
   Job Retention = 6 months
   AutoPrune = yes
* Heartbeat Interval = 60*
}

> Storage definition for the server Storage daemon.
in bacula-sd.conf:
Storage {
   Name = bacula-sd
   SDPort = 9103
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/spool/bacula"
   Pid Directory = "/var/run"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
   Heartbeat Interval = 60
}

> FileDaemon definition for the Client File daemon
in bacula-fd.conf:
FileDaemon {
   Name = sd1-fd
   FDport = 9102
   WorkingDirectory = /var/spool/bacula
   Pid Directory = /var/run
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
   Heartbeat Interval = 60
}

Did I get it for this job?

> That error typically means the network/socket connection between the
> file daemon and the storage daemon was closed unexpectedly at one end
> or by something in between blocking/dropping it.
That's what I thought, but wasn't sure about the coherences. The next
thing I wanted to do is to give a trail with disabled Windows Firewall.

> I have also seen that error suddenly pop up on Windows clients for no
> obvious reason but a reboot of the Windows box has fixed it.

Not the best view for a fileserver :-( I'm getting these errors for
month and rebooted the Windows server from time to time. Next time I
will reboot on Saturday (23rd of November), and after that I will start
the next big try with the new heartbeat settings above. If the error
still occurs I will try to disable the firewall...

Thank you very much!

Cheers
Hans