Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] why restore so slow after bscan?

2013-06-17 23:58:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] why restore so slow after bscan?
From: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 03:54:26 +0000
I needed to restore from some old disk media which had long since been purged
from the catalog. I bscan'd it back in and started a restore but it's taking
_ages_. Normally a restore from disk gets started in seconds and then is
basically limited by network/media speed. This restore seems to still be
"seeking" on the disk after 5 minutes (based on status stor). It's like it
doesn't know where the file is so it has to re-scan the entire media...

Is there something else I need to do in a bscan or does the bscan not import
all the required information so a seek is not possible?

Thanks

James