Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Too much files to save in catalog - MysQL performance tips.

2013-06-17 13:06:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Too much files to save in catalog - MysQL performance tips.
From: "Luis H. Forchesatto" <luisforchesatto AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:03:47 -0300
Greetings.

I'd like to discuss my situation here where I have a job who backups only 200GB in files, but it has 2 million more files to save on catalog (MySQL). When the file copy is complete the storage server, who also runs the director, spend many hours to save the files in the catalog. This also cause low mysqld performance at all.

Is there any tip to optimize the catalog operation or MySQL performance to make the job less resource hungry?

The job runs once a week with no concurrent jobs. Director and storage runs at the same computer but the client is another server, at the same network who can transport up to 1Gb of data between the servers.

Any tips will be apretiated.

--
Att.
Luis H. Forchesatto