Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger

2013-06-12 14:25:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger
From: arnaldojsousa <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:21:57 -0700
Hi all.

I start the configuration of bacula 5.2.13 to store data in USB disks using
vchanger.

I follow these doc: http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=removable_disk but
something is wrong or did not understand the process.

The DIR, SD and FD is starting fine, but when run "label barcodes" command the
output is:

*label barcodes
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Automatically selected Storage: usbchanger1
Connecting to Storage daemon usbchanger1 at app:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "usb-changer-1" has 0 slots.=========================> Here
No slots in changer to scan. ===================> Here too

The device is mounted in "/mnt/usbchanger1/magazine" using autofs

There is bacula-sd.conf:

# /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
# ...

# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = usbchanger1
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/opt/bacula/"
  Pid Directory = "/opt/bacula/bin/working"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  SDAddress = 10.10.10.10
}

# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#
Director {
  Name = app-dir
  Password = "stonecold"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the storage daemon
#
Director {
  Name = app-mon
  Password = "stonecold"
  Monitor = yes
}

#----  local virtual autochanger with USB drive "magazines"
Autochanger {
  Name = usb-changer-1
  Device = usb-changer-1-drive0

  Changer Command = "/opt/bacula/vchanger %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = "/opt/bacula/usbchanger1.conf"
}

#---  drive 0 of the usb-changer-1 autochanger
Device {
  Name = usb-changer-1-drive0
  DriveIndex = 0
  Autochanger = yes;
  DeviceType = File
  MediaType = File
  ArchiveDevice = /mnt/usbchanger1/magazine
  RemovableMedia = no;
  RandomAccess = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
}

# Send all messages to the Director,
# mount messages also are sent to the email address
#
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = aplicativos2-dir = all
}

# eof

Example of Device resource in documentation

#---  drive 0 of the usb-changer-1 autochanger
Device {
  Name = usb-changer-1-drive-0
  DriveIndex = 0
  Autochanger = yes;
  DeviceType = File
  MediaType = File
  ArchiveDevice = /var/bacula/usbchanger1/drive0 ===>
  RemovableMedia = no;
  RandomAccess = yes;

If i change "ArchiveDevice in my sd works fine, but using the mountpoint the
problem occurs.

Thanks for any infos!

Best.