Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger

2013-06-12 14:42:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:38:50 -0500
On 06/12/2013 01:21 PM, arnaldojsousa wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I start the configuration of bacula 5.2.13 to store data in USB disks using
> vchanger.
>
> I follow these doc: http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=removable_disk

Follow the vchangerHowto.html instead (it's in  vchanger/doc in the
tarball). Vchanger won't run as root, so use "vchanger -u bacula -g
bacula" or whatever uid/gid is on your system. Make sure that uid/gid
has access to the relevant files & get to where you can "load" a drive
from command line (section 10 of the howto).

> The DIR, SD and FD is starting fine, but when run "label barcodes" command
> the output is:
> Device "usb-changer-1" has 0 slots.

Check the uid/gid bacula-sd runs as. If it's root, you can either change
that or add "-u bacula -g bacula" to Changer Command.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin