Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger

2013-06-12 15:12:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:09:24 +0200
Dnia 2013-06-12, śro o godzinie 11:21 -0700, arnaldojsousa pisze:
> Hi all.
>
> I start the configuration of bacula 5.2.13 to store data in USB disks using
> vchanger.
>
> I follow these doc: http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=removable_disk but
> something is wrong or did not understand the process.
>
> The DIR, SD and FD is starting fine, but when run "label barcodes" command
> the output is:
>
> *label barcodes
> Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> Automatically selected Storage: usbchanger1
> Connecting to Storage daemon usbchanger1 at app:9103 ...
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
> Device "usb-changer-1" has 0 slots.=========================> Here
> No slots in changer to scan. ===================> Here too
>
> The device is mounted in "/mnt/usbchanger1/magazine" using autofs
>
> There is bacula-sd.conf:
>
> # /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
> # ...
>
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
> #
>
> Storage {                             # definition of myself
>   Name = usbchanger1
>   SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
>   WorkingDirectory = "/opt/bacula/"
>   Pid Directory = "/opt/bacula/bin/working"
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>   SDAddress = 10.10.10.10
> }
>
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
> #
> Director {
>   Name = app-dir
>   Password = "stonecold"
> }
>
> #
> # Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
> #   status of the storage daemon
> #
> Director {
>   Name = app-mon
>   Password = "stonecold"
>   Monitor = yes
> }
>
> #----  local virtual autochanger with USB drive "magazines"
> Autochanger {
>   Name = usb-changer-1
>   Device = usb-changer-1-drive0
>
>   Changer Command = "/opt/bacula/vchanger %c %o %S %a %d"
>   Changer Device = "/opt/bacula/usbchanger1.conf"
> }
>
> #---  drive 0 of the usb-changer-1 autochanger
> Device {
>   Name = usb-changer-1-drive0
>   DriveIndex = 0
>   Autochanger = yes;
>   DeviceType = File
>   MediaType = File
>   ArchiveDevice = /mnt/usbchanger1/magazine
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>   RandomAccess = yes;
>   AlwaysOpen = yes;
> }

Hi,

Localization "/mnt/usbchanger1/magazine" is only place where are placed
your volumes. It is not drive itself. I suggest looking for location of
vchanger working dir. It is "work_dir" directive
in /opt/bacula/usbchanger1.conf.

Next you can correct your "ArchiveDevice" directive. For example, if
your vchanger working directory is located in "/var/vchanger" then you
should set something similar to this:

ArchiveDevice = "/var/vchanger/0/drive0"

Please do not worry that above location does not exist. It will be
created and modified by vchanger program (it will be symbolic link)
during vchanger working.

I agree with Dimitri about setting user and group for vchanger too.

Good luck!
Marcin Haba (gani)