Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger

2013-06-12 17:14:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doubts about drives with vchanger
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:11:46 -0500
On 06/12/2013 03:40 PM, arnaldojsousa wrote:
> I have not found good documentation on vchanger.

I found the howto.html is good if you follow it carefully and to the
letter. The wiki page should be taken out and shot.

> Used bacula with DAT160 for 3-4 years and due to the high cost of
> maintaining the cartridges we decided to use USB disks but I did not
> know about running a tape library rsrsrs.

Yeah, it's not super-clear even in the howto. The problem is bacula's
support for disks and files as backup media is very limited and once you
hit the limits you have to fool it by making your disks and files look
like something else: a tape jukebox.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin