Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Need to downgrade bacule 5.2.12

2013-04-14 14:47:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Need to downgrade bacule 5.2.12
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 20:44:22 +0200
On 14/04/13 01:01, Laurent Papier wrote:
On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 22:08:13 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that I must downgrade bacula 5.2.12 to version
5.0.3 which I have run successfully for quite some time. The reason is that I
installed version 5.2.12 that comes with fedora 18. It works beautifully on my
linux systems but I can't backup my windows 7 client. The bacula-fd.exe service
(from win32-6.0.6.exe) will simply not start. It only produces the error
message: Error 1067 Process terminated unexpectedly

My downgrade question is: is it safe to download and install the 5.0.3-35 rpm
packages from fedora 16?

Hi Erik,
you can keep bacula 5.2.12 on your Fedora system and backup your windows with
older bacula-fd. It should be ok as long as you don't use bacula 5.2 specific
option in the FileSet.

The rules are:
- the fd must not be newer than the director.
- the director and the storage must run the same version.

Regards.

Thanks a lot. I really do appreciate the help I am getting with this issue.

Due to the infomation from this mail I've reinstalled bacula-fd from version 5.0.3 and that brought me closer to a solution. Now the file daemon did start but I cannot still backup the windows box. I am getting the wellknown error: Fatal error: Authorization key rejected by Storage daemon.

That's usually caused by unmatching passwords. I've double checked them and they do match. However, it could be that the character sets do not match as they all have to be UTF-8 but how do I control that on windows? Moving it to linux do however show it coded in UTF-8.

I've attached bacula-fd.conf from the windows site.

--
Erik

Concordia parvæ res crescunt discordia maximæ dilabuntur