Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Need to downgrade bacule 5.2.12

2013-04-13 19:18:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Need to downgrade bacule 5.2.12
From: Laurent Papier <bacula AT tuxfan DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 01:01:10 +0200
On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 22:08:13 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> I have come to the conclusion that I must downgrade bacula 5.2.12 to version
> 5.0.3 which I have run successfully for quite some time. The reason is that I
> installed version 5.2.12 that comes with fedora 18. It works beautifully on
> my
> linux systems but I can't backup my windows 7 client. The bacula-fd.exe
> service
> (from win32-6.0.6.exe) will simply not start. It only produces the error
> message: Error 1067 Process terminated unexpectedly
>
> My downgrade question is: is it safe to download and install the 5.0.3-35 rpm
> packages from fedora 16?

Hi Erik,
you can keep bacula 5.2.12 on your Fedora system and backup your windows with
older bacula-fd. It should be ok as long as you don't use bacula 5.2 specific
option in the FileSet.

The rules are:
- the fd must not be newer than the director.
- the director and the storage must run the same version.

Regards.
--
Laurent Papier