Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup is way too slow

2012-10-25 11:50:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup is way too slow
From: noob1321 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:48:30 -0700
Hey Guys,
I have my Director, DB, and Storage on a server running CentOS 6. I am backing
up a client over the network that is physically about 15 miles away and is
running a Windows 2008 R2 Small Business Server .
I'm backing up 170 gigabytes. Right now the job has been running for 37 minutes
and has backed up 394,920,354 bytes or 0.367798 gigabytes.
It is processing at 181,739 bytes per second. Now that is only .17 MB/s at this
pace it is only backing up .6 Gigs per hour which means to back up 170Gigs will
require nearly  two weeks  to complete. I understand this is a slow process but
I mean there has to be something wrong if its at  .17 MB/s!!!

I do not have spooling enabled. I am backing up to file(my server), I am not
using any compression in the FileSet Resource and I am using the MD5 signature.

Please help me out here!!!

Thanks,
noob