Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup is way too slow

2012-10-26 14:02:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup is way too slow
From: noob1321 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:00:11 -0700
You didn't tell us how the line speed is, could that be an issue?
You could also look at if the files are small, small filesizes = bad
performance.

if your network connection is speedy and the files are small you could
compress chunks of the data before backing up.

how does the backup perform from the local network? is it slow there too ?

Backing up remote locations on a slow line could be improved using
spooling.

cheers

So after some work with Comcast and tinkering around we found that the problem
is actually Bacula. By doing speed tests from the client machine we saw that
before we started using bacula it was around 25down 6up but when using Bacula
the speed changed DRASTICALLY to .1MB/s down and .8 MB/s up. We stooped Bacula,
remotely reset the modem and speeds were back to normal. 10mins later I started
up Bacula  and the speeds went right back down again. I again stopped Bacula,
reset the modem(got speeds back up) and DIDN'T run Bacula and the speeds have
been great for the past few hours.. So whenever Bacula is backing up this
machine it takes it from 25Down/6Up all the way to .1Down/.8up

There has to be something wrong here.

Thanks