Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] ssd drive question

2012-06-05 07:00:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] ssd drive question
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 12:57:56 +0200
On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 05:32:16PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> to keep the LTO4 streaming almost continuously anyway.  What I do notice
> is that Bacula sits for some time - many minutes - after each job ends
> doing nothing but batch-writing attributes into the DB.

That's the reason I disabled "batch insert" again with our latest
setup (5.2.6), and I'm generally rather happy with both backup and
restore db select speeds ATM. I've kicked out MySQL for MariaDB
(mostly for testing purposes), and during volume purging the server
nearly grinds to a standstill but usually recovers nicely ;-)

All the best, Uwe