Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula Offsite Backups

2012-03-09 10:26:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula Offsite Backups
From: Kleber Leal <kleber.leal AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:23:47 -0300
Sachin,

if you use copy job you will not need to change the media status.
Read about job copy on http://bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_3_0_0.html#SECTION001320000000000000000

Kleber

2012/3/9 Holikar, Sachin (ext) <sachin.holikar.ext AT siemens DOT com>

Thanks Uwe for the reply.

I request some explanation here.
You suggested :

1.      Create a separate offsite pool and then after use, remove them as necessary from the autochanger and set their volume status to "Archive" using the "update volume" bconsole command.

       You meant that after making the volume status as Archive , we can remove the tapes from the library and keep offsite. Correct?
       The documentation says "All the files contained on an Archived Volume are removed from the Catalog."  Is it true ?
       Then how do we make sure that the data would be intact with all previous records when the actual offsite tapes are required to be inserted/restored back in the library ?

       Please clarify.

2.      Following that I erase the tapes I put into the library in exchange for the archived ones and (re-)label
       them with bconsole as necessary.

       Why there is need to erase the tapes which are archived ?? Please explain.

Thanx.

- Sachin