Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula Offsite Backups

2012-03-09 02:51:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula Offsite Backups
From: "Holikar, Sachin (ext)" <sachin.holikar.ext AT siemens DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:48:40 +0100
Hello Admis,

We have a working Bacula ( Release 2.2.7) setup.
So far all the backup tapes are retained inside the tape library. But now we have decided to keep 1 set offsite.
We have created a separate pool of tapes ( say 10 tapes) and taken few important backups last week. Now couple of tapes are used for this backup job.
Now the questions are :

1.  Can we just take out the filled/half-filled tapes out of the tape library just like that to be kept at offsite?  Or some necessary procedure is required for this?
2.  Once we take out few tapes from the offsite pool , can we start taking new backup onto remaining tapes in this pool?
3.  Or simply point me to correct links where we can read the fundamentals of offsite backups.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- Sachin