Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Set real size cartridge in bacula

2012-02-14 13:12:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Set real size cartridge in bacula
From: Darci Dambrós Junior <darci.listas AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:11:15 -0200
Hello,

I have 23 new cartridges and the problem occurs with all. The bacula holds about 20gb and begins to make mistakes.

Look what dmesg showed after the last backup error:

st0: Sense Key : Medium Error [current]
Info fld=0xfc00
st0: Add. Sense: Write error
st0: Sense Key : Medium Error [current]
Info fld=0xfc00
st0: Add. Sense: Write error
st0: Sense Key : Medium Error [current]
Info fld=0xfc00
st0: Add. Sense: Write error
st0: Error e0000 (driver bt 0x0, host bt 0xe).
mpt2sas0: removing handle(0x0009), sas_addr(0x5000e1114a470002)
st0: Error 10000 (driver bt 0x0, host bt 0x1).
scsi 6:0:0:0: rejecting I/O to dead device
st0: Error 10000 (driver bt 0x0, host bt 0x1).

Thank you.

2012/2/13 John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> I am new to the list. I am also a beginner with bacula.
>
> I already have my environment almost set, server already running and has
> clients storing files on my backup drive (IBM ULT3580-HH4).
>
> I am using original cartridges with a capacity of LTO4 800/1600GB. Use the
> latest version of CentOS.
>
> Unfortunately have not been able to make the bacula use the total space of
> the cartridges. In general, little is being stored more than 20GB per
> cartridge. I put a new cartridge, empty, and during the first backup he
> changes the volume to "full". Even changing to "append" to inform him about
> "full".
>
> Cartridge information:
>
> [Root @ backup ~] # tapeinfo-f / dev/st0
> Product Type: Tape Drive
> Vendor ID: 'IBM'
> Product ID: 'ULT3580-HH4'
> Revision: 'B171'
> Attached Changer API: No
> SerialNumber: '1068015389 '
> MinBlock: 1
> MaxBlock: 16777215
> SCSI ID: 0
> SCSI LUN: 0
> Ready: yes
> BufferedMode: yes
> Medium Type: 0x48
> Density Code: 0x46
> BlockSize: 0
> DataCompEnabled: yes
> DataCompCapable: yes
> DataDeCompEnabled: yes
> CompType: 0x1
> DeCompType: 0x1
> BOP: yes
> Block Position: 0
> Remaining Kbytes Partition 0: -1
> Partition Size in Kbytes 0: -1
> ActivePartition: 0
> EarlyWarningSize: 0
>

> | Mediaid | volumename | volstatus | enabled | volbytes | volfiles |
> volretention | recycle | slot | inchanger | mediatype | lastwritten |
>
> | 11 | FitaMacuco1 | Full | 1 | 21,785,831,424 | 4 | 31,536,000 | 1 | 4 | 1
> | LTO-4 | 10.02.2012 11:02:16 |
> | 21 | FitaMacuco2 | Append | 1 | 27,078,976,512 | 1 | 31,536,000 | 1 | 8 |
> 1 | LTO-4 | 12.02.2012 03:43:26 |
>

> I do not know exactly where I'm wrong, but I can not use the total space of
> the cartridges.

This happens when there are errors writing to the tape. Look at your dmesg.

> Does anyone have any tips?
>
> Thank you
>
> Darci

John M. Drescher