Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long

2012-01-12 10:35:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long
From: Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:33:32 -0500
Excerpts from Martin Simmons's message of Thu Jan 12 10:25:02 -0500 2012:

> > The mail server's name is Gauss and although I have it setup babar
> > (name of the backup server where has bacula installed) to start at
> > 20:05 every night, the mail server will not be accessible until
> > 8:15 AM and by that I mean people at work cannot get their
> > messages or send messages because the server is not responding.
>
> This is very unlikely to be caused by Bacula.

Agreed, but if there are, say, network issues, bacula could exacerbate
a problem that flies under the radar during normal operation.  I'd be
checking the network settings on every device from the NIC to the
backup server and running some performance tools while bacula is not
active to see if you experience the same degradation.

HTH
-Ben
--
Ben Walton