Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long

2012-01-11 14:23:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long
From: Honia A <honia2002 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <smt AT vgersoft DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:21:52 -0500
I'm backing up a handful number of Unix boxes, they all get backed up very quickly but we can't access them due to the BackupCatalog job being very slow. When I read online, I see people said it's because of the database size getting larger and larger.

I cancel the backup catalog job and all the servers become accessible. This is the configuration for catalog:

# This is the backup of the catalog
FileSet {
  Name = "Catalog"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = "/var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql"
  }
}

All backups finish around 5 AM but all the servers remain inaccessible until 8:30 or so. The last job running is that backup job so I thought the process getting slower and slower everyday might have something to do with the size of th ebacula.sql file.