Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long

2012-01-12 12:11:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:49:08 +0200
12.1.2012 18:10, Honia A kirjoitti:
> Thanks everyone. The permission denied error below started to occur when
> I followed the instruction and cleaned up the bacula.sql file.
>
> 12-Jan 05:39 babar-dir JobId 1639: shell command: run BeforeJob
> "/etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup.pl MyCatalog"
> 12-Jan 05:39 babar-dir JobId 1639: BeforeJob: sh: cannot create
> /var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql: Permission denied
> 12-Jan 05:39 babar-dir JobId 1639: Error: Runscript: BeforeJob returned
> non-zero status=2. ERR=Child exited with code 2
> 12-Jan 05:39 babar-dir JobId 1639: Error: Bacula babar-dir 5.0.1
> (24Feb10): 12-Jan-2012 05:39:13
>
> These were the commands I ran to cleanup the database:
>
> mysqldump -f --opt bacula > bacula.sql
> mysql bacula < bacula.sql
> rm -f bacula.sql
>
> How can I test and find out what's wrong here? When I had shut down the
> backup server, everything was fine. Looks like something is holiding up
> the servers until 8 AM or so, just can't tell what that is.
>
> I'd appreciate your help,
> h* *

The process running bacula-fd can't create your bacula.sql dump file.

> 12-Jan 05:39 babar-dir JobId 1639: BeforeJob: sh: cannot create
> /var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql: Permission denied

Who owns the folder /var/lib/bacula? What kind of permissions are
allowed there for the process running bacula-dir? Bacula-dir is run by
user bacula normally.

--

You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."