Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long

2012-01-11 14:06:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long
From: Honia A <honia2002 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:04:29 -0500
[CODE]
root@servername:/etc/init.d# du -sh /var/lib/mysql/bacula/
814M    /var/lib/mysql/bacula/
[/CODE]

I just reset MySQL root password but can't really see user bacula's db password in bacula-dir.conf as it appears to be encrypted.

I just followed the instruction found here: http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/Catalog_Maintenance.html and ran the following commands:

[QUOTE]
mysqldump -f --opt bacula > bacula.sql
mysql bacula < bacula.sql
rm -f bacula.sql
[/QUOTE]

But when I checked the size of the database it's still really large:

[QUOTE]
root@servername:/var/lib# cd bacula
root@servername:/var/lib/bacula# ls -l
-rw------- 1 bacula bacula 208285783 2012-01-10 05:23 bacula.sql