Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long

2012-01-11 13:14:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula database is getting too long
From: Honia A <honia2002 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:11:45 -0500
Hi all,
I have been using Bacula to backup several servers. Recently, the backupcatalog job takes so long to finish. I'm pretty sure it's related to the size of bacula.sql file.
Code:
ls root@servername:/var/lib/bacula# ls -l
-rw------- 1 bacula bacula 208285783 2012-01-10 05:23 bacula.sql
I've been reading bacula catalog manual here: http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/...og/catalog.pdf
and in the 1.2 Compacting Your MySQL Database section, it's talking about compacting the database:
I have been handed this server by the previous IT guy and don't have the info required to access the MySQL database.
This is the part of bacula-dir.conf which has the reference to the bacula.sql:
Code:
# This is the backup of the catalog
FileSet {
  Name = "Catalog"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = "/var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql"
  }
}
Can someone please let me know how I can compact the bacula database?

Thanks,