Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bare metal windows server 2003 restore

2010-06-14 15:32:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bare metal windows server 2003 restore
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:29:46 +0100
Hi,

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Bob Hetzel wrote:

> I've never been able to get the bare-metal restore to work doing a restore
> starting from a Live CD.  I last tried it over a year ago and people
> responded a while later saying they got it to work that way and they would
> update a web page with said info but it appears never to have happened.

This is frustrating alright.  I've read similar claims but when you go to
try and do it or ask how it's done, nobody seems able to answer.

> Off the topic of bacula for a second, what did you mean by  "PS MS SQL
> Server v5 is involved here." ?  Did you mean MS SQL 2005 or MySql 5?

It is MS SQL, version 2005 -- sorry not sure where I picked up v5.

> MySQL does not support VSS.  MS SQL does (but only in the 2005 and later
> version I presume)

Phew :-)  Though we do have sql server doing its own scheduled backups
overnight when things are quiet.

Thanks,
Gavin