Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] 5.0.1 infinite email loop bug??

2010-04-15 18:24:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] 5.0.1 infinite email loop bug??
From: Eric Bollengier <eric AT eb.homelinux DOT org>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, adm <adm AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 00:21:19 +0200
Hello Stephen,

Le jeudi 15 avril 2010 22:16:46, Stephen Thompson a écrit :
> Of course, that's the annoying symptom.  The more serious problem is our
> the crash of our SD.  Any pointers to getting "ptrace" working with the
> automatic scripts?

When you use "kill -ABRT $(pidof bacula-sd)", it should generate a backtrace.
(test it when no job are running)

This problem can occur if you use root account to start daemon with -g and -u
options. One solution is to tweak the startup script to use
su - bacula -c 'command' instead of "command -u bacula -g bacula".

You can also tweak the backtrace script and add a sudo command to let bacula
execute gdb as root.

Hope it helps.

Bye