Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP File Daemon - Service Stops With Unknown Error

2010-03-10 11:03:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP File Daemon - Service Stops With Unknown Error
From: Drew Bentley <bacula.user AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:59:04 -0600
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu> wrote:
> 3 things that have given me grief due to the windows FD stopping or being
> unresponsive (but still mysteriously running)...
> a) buggy network driver--in one case I was able to update the driver to fix.
> b) bad network switch or network port
> c) infection with a virus/malware that was using up the "max tcp
> connections".  Check the event log for that error.
> d) regex in the fileset had a bug but that's been fixed around bacula
> version 2.5 or so.  Along the way I learned that regex was slower to
> process than wilddir and wildfile so I stopped using it for windows
> filesets anyway.
>
> In all cases these issues caused the windows FD to stop during a backup, so
> I hope this helps but if not, you may have to turn on debugging in the FD
> and cross your fingers that it happens and logs what went wrong.
>
>    Bob

Yeah, I think I'll need to turn on debugging.

Unfortunately for me, the FD dies or stops running before the backups
even kick off. If I manually restart (after notification that it
errored), then kick off another backup for the client, it seems to run
without issues. I'm using the latest version of the Windows client. No
infections are on the machine for malware or virus and network seems
to be good. I don't think it's anything with bacula though, my only
guess is the Intuit software on the machine that might be causing
issues.

Thanks,

-Drew