Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows client priority?

2010-03-10 10:41:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows client priority?
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:38:27 +0200
On 10.3.2010 11:36, Graham Keeling wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a user complaining that when the bacula client is backing stuff up on
> his Windows XP computer, the computer becomes 'unusable' for simple web
> surfing.
>
> He wonders whether there is a way of setting some kind of low priority on the
> bacula file daemon so that the Windows computer can be used whilst the backup
> is happening. Something like the linux 'nice' command, perhaps?

If the user has Admin privileges, he/she can set the priority by using
task manager. In the process list there should be bacula-fd.exe, and it
allows setting the priority from mouse right click.

Bacula probably itself does not allow setting the priority by some
configurable setting.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Let him choose out of my files, his projects to accomplish.
                -- Shakespeare, "Coriolanus"