Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP File Daemon - Service Stops With Unknown Error

2010-03-09 10:05:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP File Daemon - Service Stops With Unknown Error
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: "Drew Bentley"@case.edu, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:02:19 -0500
3 things that have given me grief due to the windows FD stopping or being
unresponsive (but still mysteriously running)...
a) buggy network driver--in one case I was able to update the driver to fix.
b) bad network switch or network port
c) infection with a virus/malware that was using up the "max tcp
connections".  Check the event log for that error.
d) regex in the fileset had a bug but that's been fixed around bacula
version 2.5 or so.  Along the way I learned that regex was slower to
process than wilddir and wildfile so I stopped using it for windows
filesets anyway.

In all cases these issues caused the windows FD to stop during a backup, so
I hope this helps but if not, you may have to turn on debugging in the FD
and cross your fingers that it happens and logs what went wrong.

    Bob