Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger problem

2009-10-29 08:45:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger problem
From: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
To: Oddbjørn Sjøgren <bjorn AT yaymicro DOT com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:18:36 +0000
Oddbjørn Sjøgren wrote:
> It is also being written to as you can see).

It certainly looks as if the autochanger is "unstuck" now.

> Also, it seems from my web-interface that only a few of my tapes have bar
> codes. Is there a fast way to label all of them, and update the
> pool accordingly? Right now the pool seems to have volumes that refers to
> the old tapes (before the change). Is this correct? Also. The VolumName in
> the Pool, is it supposed to match the VolumeTag that I see from mtx status?
> Is this what Label does? Or is the VolumeTag something else?

The VolumeTag is the barcode label. It now looks as if you have a mixture of
tapes, some with and some without barcodes.

I would advise you to sort this out ASAP. I think you now need to decide how
the tapes will be managed, either with barcodes, or without them, and then
stick to that decision. Otherwise you may end up with a tape management
nightmare.

If the organisation has barcode labels available, I would use them - it's
far easier to manage the tapes that way.

I think the problems you have to solve now, are procedural and tape
management ones.

Allan