Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Autochanger problem

2009-10-26 17:26:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Autochanger problem
From: Oddbjørn Sjøgren <bjorn AT yaymicro DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:21:42 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to help some people with a problem with Bacula. You have to excuse me if my questions are a bit retarted, but I'm just getting to know Bacula and everything is new to me.

The case:

They are using a LTO-3 autochanger and recently changed the tapes in it (for what reason, I'm not sure). Now they are getting emails liks this:

26-Oct 04:59 primo-sd JobId 1205: Please mount Volume "ARS646L3" or label a new one for:

   Job:          Client1.2009-09-25_23.05.13

   Storage:      "TapeStorage" (/dev/nst0)

   Pool:         Default

   Media type:   LTO-3

Someone (not very experienced) have tried different things to fix the problem with no luck, and now I'm fortunate enough to pick up the pieces of a halting system. Having looked around for a bit I finally found that the mtx status command gave me some information that seemed alarming:

#mtx status

  Storage Changer /dev/changer:1 Drives, 24 Slots ( 1 Import/Export )

Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Unknown Storage Element Loaded):VolumeTag = ARS645L3

      Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=ARS664L3

      Storage Element 2:Full

      Storage Element 3:Full

      Storage Element 4:Full

      Storage Element 5:Full

      Storage Element 6:Full

      Storage Element 7:Full

      Storage Element 8:Full

      Storage Element 9:Full

      Storage Element 10:Full :VolumeTag=ARS654L3

      Storage Element 11:Full

      Storage Element 12:Full

      Storage Element 13:Full

      Storage Element 14:Full

      Storage Element 15:Full

      Storage Element 16:Full

      Storage Element 17:Full

      Storage Element 18:Full

      Storage Element 19:Full

      Storage Element 20:Full

      Storage Element 21:Full

      Storage Element 22:Full

      Storage Element 23:Full

      Storage Element 24 IMPORT/EXPORT:Full :VolumeTag=ARS655L3

Obviously this does not look good. And might explain why I can't label the tapes. mtx load does not work telling me:

#mtx load 11

Drive 0 Full (Storage Element 0 loaded)

it seems there is now something wrong with the first tape?? Label command in bconsole does not work, because it can't load a different drive it seems.

So, where do I go from here? Any hints or help would be greatly appriciated. Let me know what details you need.

Kind regards,

Bjorn

YayMicro.Com