Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger problem

2009-10-27 10:34:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger problem
From: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:29:54 +0000
Oddbjørn Sjøgren wrote:
> READ ELEMENT STATUS Command Failed
> Whats going on here?

Because tape drives and autochangers are largely passive, sometimes
you don't get an error until the next time you do something, so that
might be an indication of a previous error. However, if you keep
getting the error, you might need to reset the autochanger. Also
check that the autochanger is in "random" mode, and not "stacker"
mode.

I would use the front panel to move the tape from the drive to the
free slot. If the autochanger has a network connection, you may be
able to use a web-based admin interface to do this.

Then I'd be tempted to reset the autochanger anyway, since it seems
to have forgotten which slot the tape in the drive was loaded from.

Then continue with the inventory.

Allan