Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] autochanger and barcode

2009-10-20 02:26:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] autochanger and barcode
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:22:59 +0300

20.10.2009 2:25, Nicola Quargentan kirjoitti:

With this metode I'm unable to know where is my data in my volumes (only
bacula know that).
Ad absurdum I could end up finding a piece of data of single server
stored in each of 24 tapes :O (IMHO).

Bacula knows, and tells it to you with a query.

*query
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Available queries:
     1: List up to 20 places where a File is saved regardless of the
directory
     2: List where the most recent copies of a file are saved
     3: List last 20 Full Backups for a Client
     4: List all backups for a Client after a specified time
     5: List all backups for a Client
     6: List Volume Attributes for a selected Volume
     7: List Volumes used by selected JobId
     8: List Volumes to Restore All Files
     9: List Pool Attributes for a selected Pool
    10: List total files/bytes by Job
    11: List total files/bytes by Volume
    12: List Files for a selected JobId
    13: List Jobs stored on a selected MediaId
    14: List Jobs stored for a given Volume name
    15: List Volumes Bacula thinks are in changer
    16: List Volumes likely to need replacement from age or errors
Choose a query (1-16):

Bacula does not need a tape in order to make a query into it. Unlike
many other simpler backup systems may do.

You make a query, and *then* get the tape into your hand. Not the other
way round. Simple.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Your heart is pure, and your mind clear, and your soul devout.