Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] autochanger and barcode

2009-10-16 09:48:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] autochanger and barcode
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:45:57 -0400
> If you're using barcodes you can greatly simplify what you're doing.
> Instead of using one pool per day, just use one pool for all backups and
> one scratch pool.  Place all the tapes in the scratch pool.

BTW, I definitely agree with this. It's best not to have 1 pool per
day if you do not really need that. Having this many pools is going to
 reduce the number autochanger slots you have available. At minimum 7
slots will have partially used tapes at all times and if you have any
retention period this will use at least 14 slots when the first volume
of each pool is full.

John