Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Out of Disk Space

2009-10-18 21:31:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Out of Disk Space
From: "Dupree, Craig" <cdupree AT austin.utexas DOT edu>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>, "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:28:27 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Arno Lehmann [mailto:al AT its-lehmann DOT de]

> But this seems to confirm that the disk full was indeed the underlying
> problem, and the insertion of the attributes finally failed.

The bscan worked as advertised, and the missing job record was inserted to say
that the job completed.  Last night the incremental for the system ran, and
only a few additional gigs were added.  The time savings in going this route
was extreme.  The backup is 2 days and a few hours.  As you say there are
probably ways to make this better, such as networking, though I also suspect
the RAID array.  However I have limited resources including my own time to deal
with.  Even messing around with bscan a couple of times, this was accomplished
in a work day (a bit longer, because it was late afternoon Saturday before I
got back around to checking it, but still at most it ran over night).

> I love LVM :-)

I do too.  I'm not getting more disk space, though.  My server is 1U with two
disk slots.  I could add external storage only by putting it on the same SCSI
bus as the loader.  Perhaps I can get someone to buy bigger disks to go inside
the system, but I'm still looking at a rebuild which I should be doing anyways
just to get bacula, and the OS up to a more supportable level.  Likewise, I
could rearrange my current LVM partitions, but that would also require more or
less the same effort as the upgrade I have planned.

Thanks for the help.

Craig