Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] problem to restore Exchange Information Store

2009-10-18 19:40:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] problem to restore Exchange Information Store
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Habanera" <habanera AT gmx DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:35:54 +1100
> Hello NG,
>
> Currently I try to backup & restore an Exchange Server 2007.
> The backup, i think, works fine.
>
> Here the FileSet-Settings:
>
> FileSet {
>    Name = "exchange-fs"
>    Include {
>      File = c:/
>      Plugin = "exchange:/@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store"
>      Options {
>        signature = MD5
>        compression = GZIP
>      }
>    }
>    Exclude {
>      File = "c:/pagefile.sys"
>      File = "c:/Programme/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/First
> Storage Group"
>      File = "c:/Programme/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/Second
> Storage Group"
>    }
> }
>
> I have created a boot-cd with bacula-plugin and also the
exchange-plugin.

> If I try to restore saved files everything works also fine, but if I
try
> to restore the Information Store, I'll get the following error:

When you say "I have created a boot-cd", are you doing a baremetal
restore? The Exchange plugin requires that Exchange be up and running
for backup and restore. For DR, you should restore the server, boot it
up, set the databases to 'can be overwritten by restore', then restore
the databases. Make sure that the 'First Storage Group' and 'Second
Storage Group' directories physically exist on disk - you may need to
create them yourself if you excluded them like you did above.

James