Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Out of Disk Space

2009-10-15 17:15:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Out of Disk Space
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:10:28 +0200
Hi,

15.10.2009 22:13, Dupree, Craig wrote:
> Today while inserting attributes my mysql partition ran out of
> space.  I thought I had addressed that because both bacula and
> mysql seemed to be hung up waiting.  Once I freed up disk space,
> mysql suddenly started getting a lot of CPU time, and I thought I
> was okay.  Then bacula sent me a job error message.  I was
> wondering what the right way to proceed is?

That might depend on the actual error, which you didn't mention.

>  Should I just purge
> the backup, and let it run again?

That's what I would do - delete the failed job, and make all the
volumes it used usable again (which won't work if other jobs used the
same volumes).

>  Or can I bread the tapes, and
> let bacula reconstruct the catalog from the tape contents?

Theoretically, yes, though it will lock up your tape drive for a
while, and might leave you with an incomplete backup. If the job was
actually finished writing to tape, and you're absolutely sure
everything you need ended up on tape, you could do that.

>   If so,
> then should I do something to let bacula  know that it needs to use
> this full for future incremental runs.

If the bscan works correctly, just make sure the job is marked as
terminated Ok in the catalog, and with the correct times.

> This is for the older 2.x release.  I plan to upgrade to 3.x over
> the Winter break.

Perhaps better to add more disk space first :-)

Arno

> Thanks,
>
> Craig

Arno Lehmann