Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows incremental backup based on time stamps

2009-09-27 14:35:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows incremental backup based on time stamps
From: Júlio Maranhão <julio AT maranhao DOT us>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:24:38 -0300
> In theory, Accurate means that it should back up any file that is in any way
> different to what it was when the backup was last done. I'm not sure to what
> extent it works in practice.

I will measure the memory cost and correctness.

> Bacula began in a unix/posix environment. Windows support was developed
> later. You would need to ask Kern if he would accept patches which
> implemented the use of the Archive bit.

If the code is correct but the memory cost is unacceptable, I will not
use Accurate and I'll need to code with Archive bit. Bacula developers
does not need any patch. They already know that the "modification
time" and "change time" is a Unix fact, as the "modification time" and
"archive bit" is a Windows fact. I don't feel a true interest in
Windows.

Júlio Maranhão