Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!

2008-11-29 08:03:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:00:53 +0100
Hello everyone,

I am trying hard to get DVD backups working as well.
I posted about this to the list last week (topic: "ERR=Could not mount DVD device"), unfortunately with no reply so far. It looks like backing up to DVD isn't a very common thing around here...

If anyone actually did manage to backup to DVD with a recent version of bacula, I would be very glad to here about it so at least i know that it in fact is possible.
There is a message bundeled with the source code that suggests using an block-device above an UTF formatted DVD-RW. If someone successfully did this, I would be very glad if you shared.

Many thanks in advance

Nils

Jari Fredriksson schrieb:
Jari Fredriksson wrote:

All very true.  Great.  I suggest that waiting slightly
longer than you
did is generally a good idea.  A period of < 24 hours
isn't best practice.

I wrote my query to Users 8th november with a Subject "Strange DVD backup problem". Before that I wrote under Subject "Moving from Tape to DVD", that was 7th Nov.

Bug reports were filed 10th November, because Arno Lehmann responded that "I think you've got enough information for a bug report at
bugs.bacula.org...".

Besides that, the only response was

"Hi, sorry I can´t help you, but I have the same problem Here. No idea what can help. tried with 2.28 and 2.4.3Maybe a bug report is what helps."

And now my bug file is premature?

Regards
jarif - trying to help you to help me to help you to help me

As we speak, I'm doing backups with a slightly modified
2.2.28 version, and hope to get something out of it.But
it's not easy.

Great.  It'll be great to see the patches in the bug
report.  But as it stands now, the bug report is
premature. Please, I'm trying to *help*
you *help* us *help* you.  :)

thanks.