Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!

2008-11-28 22:33:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 05:30:24 +0200

> Sorry, I can't help you.  But in general, you're better
> off seeking help here first before you file a bug report.
>
> see http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=support
>
> cheers

Cheers.

That page was about different kind ofsupport for Bacula.

1. Professional Support.

I don't want Professional, paid support. I use this at home, have used for
years without problems, with Tape. But now my streamer died and I converted to
DVD+RW.

2. Reading Bacula Users and Bacula bugs. I already do that. Have done for years.

3. About not sending messages to Kern. Ok. Trying to stay on Users and Bugs.

I have tried to be clear and concise in my bug reports. It is easy to comment a
bug report if it is not reasonable.

I have a feeling that some people are using Bacula with DVD+RW with success. I
have had comments that

    Here, same problem

and

    Here, all good with 2.0.2

There is no such version as 2.0.2 downloadable. That is why I'm writing here?
What version works with DVD? Some do, some dont.

I kind of feel betrayed when I have used Bacula for years with my tapes, and
now I'm offered http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=support

Cheers and thanks.