Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!

2008-11-28 22:53:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:50:29 -0500
Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> Sorry, I can't help you.  But in general, you're better
>> off seeking help here first before you file a bug report.
>>
>> see http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=support
>>
>> cheers
>>

> Cheers.
>
> That page was about different kind ofsupport for Bacula.

Yes.  This mailing list is one form of support.

> I have tried to be clear and concise in my bug reports. It is easy to comment
> a bug report if it is not reasonable.

Bug reports give work to developers.  That's who reads the bug reports.
  By asking the users mailing list first, you allow other users to
contribute to the project and at the same time lessen the workload for
developers.

> I kind of feel betrayed when I have used Bacula for years with my tapes, and
> now I'm offered http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=support

You aren't being asked to do anything new or being singled out.

The main point was: please post here and seek help *before* filing a bug
report.  http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=bugs is also quite clear on this
point.

regards.  :)