Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!

2008-11-28 21:36:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] DVD backup problems gone!
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 04:33:26 +0200
I went from tape to DVD a month ago, and everything failed.

Bug reports:

http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1184
http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1186

Yahoo! Google!

I downgraded to 2.2.8 for the dir/stored server, and I made it! Backup
successful!

I don't remember when was it, but the stored code was rewritten. Seems that
broke the DVD code.

I have not restored yet, but at least each DVD part updates the database, and
everyting seems to work fine in backup.

Downgrading from latest to 2.2.8 did not need changes in database, and at least
backup works fine now. I have no idea yet how the recycle bug sorts out, I have
DVD+RW's for 1 years needs, but let's see next year when they all fill up.

At least backup works! Cool.