Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-05 22:43:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
From: "Florian Heigl" <florian.heigl AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 04:41:19 +0100
hi,

2008/11/6, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>:

> On Nov 5, 2008, at 6:23 PM, Florian Heigl wrote:
>>
>> If Kern's "Bacula Inc." would release a real, professional guy that
>> doesn't bloat my configs I'd pay for that any day. But bloating the
>> configs just in case a good gui comes around? hell no!
>>
>> sorry to be that harsh, but in this case I rather speak up on time...
>> florian
>

> I think you meant GUI, not GUY.  Easy typo.  But AFAIK, Bacula Inc
> is there to provide services, not code.  It's been stately quite clearly
> that there will not be two code bases.

yes! s/guy/gui/ - that was quite some typo, sorry about it.

I'm quite sure the consulting will at some point include writing some
code for higher demanding customers than us who have vi.
but, anyway, it was just a random example to pick out kern here.
hmmm, I was thinking of NetWorker where you have a standard admin gui
and a costly addon operations gui. although I very rarely used that,
it only excelled for restarting hundreds of jobs FAST after a crash.

like someone else just posted - if the frontend can't read the bacula
config, then i rather don't want to see the frontend. ;)

bye

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'