Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-05 18:41:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
From: Steve Thompson <smt AT vgersoft DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:37:47 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Hemant Shah wrote:

> I use/edit XML just about everyday and I do not find it difficult.
> Converting current config to XML should be pretty easy.

I don't find it difficult either, but that doesn't mean I like the idea at
all; in fact I detest XML with a passion. And the admin that comes after
me might not understand XML even a little bit. There are too many other
things that need doing in bacula to spend time futzing with a part that
works. I use bacula in more than one installation, and I can say right now
that if the config files become XML only, even if there is a fancy tool to
edit them, I will stop using bacula. No doubt there are many that will
find this view unreasonable, but I can't help that.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"