Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-07 07:20:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 07:13:59 -0500
On Nov 7, 2008, at 4:02 AM, Tilman Schmidt wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:14:08 -0500, Dan Langille wrote:

>>> I'm sorry but I'm starting to have serious doubts about that.
>>> I have been trying for a long time and in many different ways
>>> to get that to work, and each time I ask a question here why
>>> my latest attempt doesn't work either, the answer is "post
>>> config", "post log", and then: silence.
>>
>> What can I say?  I'm not responsible for people not answering.
>> Nor is anybody else.  That's how it works.  Or more precisely,
>> doesn't.
>
> Sure. I'm not complaining about that. Sorry if my answer came
> across as such. But the fact that nobody could come up with an
> answer might indicate that the answer doesn't exist.

Or more simply, it could mean that the people who know have
not answered. :)

>>> And if it is discouraged, what is the recommended alternative?
>>
>> Work with Bacula, not against it.  I don't know what more to say.
>
> Sure, and I'm trying my best to do exactly that. But the topic
> of this thread is desirable new features for Bacula, ie. things
> that currently cannot be done but would be nice if they could.

Well, for what it's worth: that seems to be how people have
interpreted it.

The intention of this thread was "what new feature in the upcoming
release are you waiting for?".  My first sentence in the first post
was:

'With the upcoming release of Bacula, what new feature are you waiting
for?"

But no worries.  The thread is good.  :)

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/