Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-03 23:15:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 20:10:47 -0800
Here is my wish list. I hope I'm not including things that already exist...

What I would like to see is more support for backing up to removable
hard disks. Specifically:

- Have bacula delete the actual file on disk when it is
purged/pruned/deleted in the database. Unlike tapes, reusing files makes
little sense. This will allow a true one-job, one-file scheme (yes, I
know the database takes care of that already, but I like redundancy in
such things).

- Another level of  volume management between the current volume and
pool.  Currently, there is no way (that I could find) to have bacula
rotate hard disks with multiple volumes on each disk.

- Native support for Windows system state backup without using NTBackup.
Ideally including a full ASR.

- Support for Windows 2008 and Vista (not sure if that may already
exist; it's not an issue for me - yet).

- Director and SD supported on Windows. I believe they currently work
but aren't officially supported?

- A good Windows client (or maybe I just didn't find it...)

- Documentation updates. It's tricky to piece together the information
about the correct information for anything past version 1.38.