Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Beta 2.5.16 Exchange Plugin

2008-10-28 19:16:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Beta 2.5.16 Exchange Plugin
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Javier Gomez" <gomez AT dynamicquest DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:12:37 +1100
> Hello,
>     I was trying to test out the new Bacula plugin for Exchange used
in
> the Bacula 2.5.16 Beta version.  I installed, configured, and ran a
test
> against a Test Exchange server which ran fine, but did not do anything
> with the plugin.  I did not see any references to the plugin being
> called in the logs on Bacula nor in the MS-Event Viewer.  The Exchange
> databases did not get backed up.  Then in looking around in the
> bacula-2.5.16/src/plugins folder I did not see anything for the
exchange
> component plugin???  Am I missing something or can someone point me in
> the right direction to get the Exchange plugin to work using the Beta
> 2.5.16 version in a test environment.  The reference for this plugin
> is:

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html#SEC
TI
> ON005150000000000000000
>
>     Thanks for any help on tracking this one down...
>                     Javier

When I compile, the exchange plugin appears in ./src/win32/release/ and
is called exchange-fd.dll. I suspect that the installer will not yet be
installing this file (Kern?), so you will need to copy it manually. For
testing, I have been putting the dll in C:\Program Files\Bacula\Plugins
and then adding a line 'Plugin Directory = "C:\\Program
Files\\Bacula\\Plugins"' to the FileDaemon section of the fd config
file.

Please report back on how you go

Thanks

James