Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Beta 2.5.16 Exchange Plugin

2008-10-29 04:35:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Beta 2.5.16 Exchange Plugin
From: Michel Meyers <steltek AT tcnnet DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:30:19 +0100

James Harper wrote:
 > When I compile, the exchange plugin appears in ./src/win32/release/ and
> is called exchange-fd.dll. I suspect that the installer will not yet be
> installing this file (Kern?), so you will need to copy it manually. For
> testing, I have been putting the dll in C:\Program Files\Bacula\Plugins
> and then adding a line 'Plugin Directory = "C:\\Program
> Files\\Bacula\\Plugins"' to the FileDaemon section of the fd config
> file.

Interesting. I just tried to cross-compile the Win32 stuff and while I
got a bunch of binaries in the release directory, that file is missing.

I also went ahead and grep'ed the source code for the word exchange:

server:~/bacula/bacula-2.5.16# grep -i exchange * -R
LICENSE:you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for
a fee.
examples/autochangers/multiple-drive-changer.txt:# Arguments are copied
from the mtx-script! Simply exchange
kernstodo:- Modules for Databases, Exchange, ...
kernstodo:- Exchange backup:
kernstodo:- Look at adding SQL server and Exchange support for Windows.
patches/testing/eblstodo:Exchange backup:
src/qt-console/jobgraphs/jobplot.cpp:   connect(controls->plotTypeCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(QString)), this, SLOT(setPlotType(QString)));
src/qt-console/jobgraphs/jobplot.cpp:
connect(controls->fileSymbolTypeCombo, SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)),
this, SLOT(setFileSymbolType(int)));
src/qt-console/jobgraphs/jobplot.cpp:
connect(controls->byteSymbolTypeCombo, SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)),
this, SLOT(setByteSymbolType(int)));
src/qt-console/run/run.cpp:   connect(jobCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(job_name_change(int)));
src/qt-console/run/prune.cpp:   connect(volumeCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(volumeChanged()));
src/qt-console/run/prune.cpp:   connect(clientCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(clientChanged()));
src/qt-console/run/estimate.cpp:   connect(jobCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(job_name_change(int)));
src/qt-console/restore/prerestore.cpp:   connect(jobCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(job_name_change(int)));
src/qt-console/restore/restoretree.cpp:   connect(jobCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(jobComboChanged(int)));
src/qt-console/restore/restoretree.cpp:   connect(jobCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(updateRefresh()));
src/qt-console/restore/restoretree.cpp:   connect(clientCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(updateRefresh()));
src/qt-console/restore/restoretree.cpp:   connect(fileSetCombo,
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(updateRefresh()));
src/win32/patches/mtx.patch:   unsigned char invert2; /* used for
EXCHANGE command, sigh. */
src/win32/patches/mtx.patch:+#if defined(DEBUG_NSM) ||
defined(DEBUG_EXCHANGE)

Apart from kernstodo, none of the 'exchange' mentions really mean
Microsoft Exchange. I'm not sure what happened to the plugin, but it
seems to not be included in the release.

Where did you get the source you're compiling? SVN?

Greetings,
       Michel