Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] mtx on Solaris

2008-09-05 13:48:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] mtx on Solaris
From: Jason Dixon <jdixon AT omniti DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:48:04 -0400
I'm currently at the colo facility migrating a Solaris 10 backup server
from NBU 4.5 to Bacula 2.4.2.  I've been using FileStorage for a few
days, everything is running smoothly (since going to 32-bit).

Anyways, I'm trying to get the mtx-changer script working and I seem to
be having some difficulty.  I've installed CSWmtx (blastwave) and have
tried testing using the same autochanger device that tl8test (NBU) was
using but I'm getting nothing but errors.

-bash-3.00$ sudo /opt/csw/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg/c1t0l0 status
mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=0 (Unknown?!)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=No Sense
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 00
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
INQUIRY command Failed