Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mtx on Solaris

2008-09-05 18:26:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mtx on Solaris
From: Jason Dixon <jdixon AT omniti DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 18:25:46 -0400
On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 05:02:40PM -0400, John Drescher wrote:

> > -bash-3.00$ sudo /opt/csw/sbin/mtx -f /dev/scsi/sequential/c1t1d0 eject
> > mtx:eject failed
>
> I see errors like this when bacula has the drive open or locked and
> after you get an error like this sometimes stopping bacula-sd is not
> enough. I either need to reboot or restart the st driver.
>
> I believe you should make sure mtx works reliably first before trying
> to get this working with bacula.

Absolutely.  I managed to get the drive in a ready state by manually
ejecting the media and manually running a cleaning job from the library
LCD.  Once this was complete, I powercycled the library and server one
last time.  I also changed the "eject" configuration setting in the
library from "Host" to "Both".  This time I was able to load and unload
a tape successfully.

> After your are able to load and unload tapes with mtx make sure you
> can do the same with the mtx-changer script.

I ran the following load command and it seemed to work but never
returned prompt.  Running "mtx status" in another window confirmed that
it moved successfully.  Not sure why mtx-changer hung like that, guess I
have my weekend plans.  ;)

-bash-3.00$ sudo /opt/bacula/libexec/mtx-changer
/dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0 load 2 /dev/scsi/sequential/c1t1d0 0
^C

-bash-3.00$ sudo /opt/csw/sbin/mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0:1 Drives, 14 Slots ( 1
Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 2 Loaded):VolumeTag =
000058
      Storage Element 1:Empty
      Storage Element 2:Empty
      Storage Element 3:Empty
      Storage Element 4:Empty
      Storage Element 5:Empty
      Storage Element 6:Empty
      Storage Element 7:Empty
      Storage Element 8:Full :VolumeTag=000070
      Storage Element 9:Full :VolumeTag=000071
      Storage Element 10:Empty
      Storage Element 11:Full :VolumeTag=000065
      Storage Element 12:Empty
      Storage Element 13:Empty
      Storage Element 14 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty

-bash-3.00$ sudo /opt/bacula/libexec/mtx-changer
/dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0 list
8:Full:VolumeTag=000070
9:Full:VolumeTag=000071
11:Full:VolumeTag=000065
2:000058

-bash-3.00$ sudo /opt/bacula/libexec/mtx-changer
/dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0 slots
14

--
Jason Dixon