Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] scheduling weirdness (No prior Full backup Jobrecord found)

2008-08-08 11:31:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] scheduling weirdness (No prior Full backup Jobrecord found)
From: "Peggy Wilkins" <enlil65 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:31:38 -0500
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Jean Gobin <jgobin AT strozllc DOT com> wrote:
> Peggy,
>
> While this is probably not the source of your problem, you have in your
> JobDefs definition you change later.
>
> JobDefs {
>  Name = "DefaultJob"
>  Type = Backup
>  Level = Incremental
> ->Client = capricorn-fd
>  FileSet = "Full Set"
> ->Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
> ->Storage = CapricornDisk1
>  Messages = Standard
>  Pool = Default
>  Full Backup Pool = Full-Pool
>  Incremental Backup Pool = Inc-Pool
>  Differential Backup Pool = Diff-Pool
>  Priority = 10
> }
>
> Job {
>  Name = "grenache-all"
>  Client = grenache-fd
>  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
>  Schedule = WeeklyCycle1
>  Storage = CapricornDisk2
>  Write Bootstrap = "/var/db/bacula/grenache.bsr"
> }

Yes, other clients use the defaults; I am deliberately overriding them
in this client.  That is my intention, and I believe it's how it's
supposed to work (overriding defaults is expected by design).

> Do you have autopruning turned on? What's your retention policy (1
> week?) for files, jobs and volumes?. In your report, does it say that it
> autoprunes some jobs?

Here are the retention settings for this client:

  File Retention = 42 days            # 42 days (one month plus one week)
  Job Retention = 2 months            # two months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files

In my Pool resources, I have:

  Volume Retention = 2 months

Since my unexpected Full occurred after less than one week, it seems
not to have anything to do with retention (not that I can tell,
anyway).  I don't have any different retentions set for any of my
clients or pools, they all use the above.

> If you "list media" are some of them marked as "purged"?

Yes, but they are all suitably old (e.g. last written to in May and
June).  All the volumes that my Aug 2 Full  backup used are listed as
"Full", not "Purged".

> I tried to sent this to the mailing-list, but got an error.

I've sent my reply back to the list.

plw