Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...

2008-07-30 20:51:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Keith Sudbury" <keith AT netzensolutions DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:51:33 -0400
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Keith Sudbury
<keith AT netzensolutions DOT com> wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>>> Is there any way I can get the current job to run that is asking for an
>>> appendable media, if i make chances to the config now
>>>

>> You want to use the update volume command in a bacula console and
>> follow the prompts
>>
>> Also you may need to purge the current tape with the purge command
>>
> Ok, I don't have much experience with this command but I know it can be
> dangerous!

It's not really dangerous it will basically force a recycle on
whatever tape you want.

> Purging a tape I would do the following?
>
> at bconsole type:
>
> purge
>
> select volume
>
> select the pool that its in ?
>
> Then select the media name?

This looks correct to me.

Also, I just wanted to remind you that you will have to manually do
the update volume command on any currently labeled volume that you
want to change the retention time.

To see the retention time that is in effect on your current tapes use the

list media pool=wed-pool

or whatever other pool you want. If you leave out the pool= part and
just do a list media it will show all volumes.

John