Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...

2008-07-30 19:32:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...
From: Keith Sudbury <keith AT netzensolutions DOT com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:31:47 +0100
Ryan Novosielski wrote:

Keith Sudbury wrote:

Hi Brian,

I tried the sql thing to start with... and got the following :

*sql
Entering SQL query mode.
Terminate each query with a semicolon.
Terminate query mode with a blank line.
Enter SQL query: SELECT MediaId,VolumeName,VolStatus FROM Media WHERE
VolumeName='wednesday';
+---------+------------+-----------+
| MediaId | VolumeName | VolStatus |
+---------+------------+-----------+
|            3 | wednesday  | Full      |
+---------+------------+-----------+
Enter SQL query:

It would appear its full... I wonder why Bacula is not recycling it??

Thanks for your help!

Keith

Brian Debelius wrote:

I got one like that Monday, I manually purged the volume, and then
moved it to the scratch pool, and then issued a mount.  Do this only
if you are sure this tape is supposed to be recycled.   ** Please
don't purge a tape you needed. :) **

you can purge using
*purge volume=YourVolumeName

You can check its status like this
*sql
SELECT MediaId,VolumeName,VolStatus FROM Media WHERE VolumeName='your
tape label';

Keith Sudbury wrote:

Hi guys,
I am sure I have the right tape in the drive, yet its giving me the
following error?? Could this be down to a tape that's full? I have
recycle enabled though?? This is puzzling me... and I badly need to
get a backup done!
This is the error:
30-Jul 23:00 bacula-sd: Job bacula-fd.2008-07-30_23.00.00 waiting.
Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "LTO-3" (/dev/nst0)
    Media type:   LTO-3
    Pool:         wed-pool

This is a pretty basic part of using Bacula. Have you read the manual?
If so, let someone know where it is you are lost so we can start there.

- --
 |Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Systems Programmer II
 |$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _| |novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)

Basically my tapes are filling up and not recycling... by the looks of things? yes my conf has  Recycle = yes in the job pool  and AutoPrune = yes  in the client section.

--
Keith Sudbury
Netzen Solution Ltd