Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...

2008-07-30 20:22:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes...
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Keith Sudbury" <keith AT netzensolutions DOT com>, Bacula <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:22:02 -0400
> Is there any way I can get the current job to run that is asking for an
> appendable media, if i make chances to the config now

You want to use the update volume command in a bacula console and
follow the prompts

Also you may need to purge the current tape with the purge command

> and restart the
> director it will lose the job... would purging it work?? or is this an awful
> idea?

You can always modify the bacula-dir.conf file and reload it with the
reload command from a bacula console.

After making modifications you should always test your config with the
following command (assuming you are on *nix)

bacula-dir -t /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

If there are any errors with the config bacula will tell you then and
so you can fix them before trying to load a bad config.

> BTW is bottom posting preferred ?

On mailing lists it is very much preferred because we generally answer
each question inline splitting apart the posters reply.

John